November 24, 2020
Small businesses impacted by the RI on Pause restrictions may be eligible for a new round of grant funding through the RI Division of Taxation. Application information and FAQ's can be found here. The application period opens on November 27 and runs for two weeks.
The Town of Warren has issued an updated Declaration of State of Emergency. This Declaration allows for outdoor dining beginning on May 18 within the perameters established by the Governor. Approvals will be issued administratively and there will be no fees for plan reviews or fire prevention inspections required to begin operations. For more information please contact Bob Rulli at email@example.com or (401) 401-207-1675 .
Commerce RI has announced reopening resources for small businesses, including masks, disinfectant and laptops. More information is available here: https://commerceri.com/covid-19-business-resources/
The Governor has issued guidance on the phased reopening of the economy. The state's dedicated website can be found here:
Information sheets for employers and employees (5/14/20):
- General business/organization highlights and explanations 05.13.20 ENG | ESP
- General business/organization guidelines 05.06.20 ENG | ESP
- COVID-19 screening tool 05.12.20 ENG
- COVID-19 control plan template 05.13.20 ENG | ESP
- Compliance attestation poster 05.08.20 ENG | ESP
- Employer visual poster 05.04.20 ENG | ESP
- Employee poster 05.04.20 ENG | ESP
- Garden center guidance 04.22.20 ENG | ESP
- Critical retail and grocers guidelines 03.22.20 ENG | ESP
- Religious and faith-based guidance 05.08.20 ENG | ESP
- Restaurant guidance 05.11.20 ENG | ESP
- Outdoor dining guidance illustration 05.11.20 ENG | ESP
From Congressman David Cicilline:
The latest on new federal assistance programs can be found here:
- CARES Act Small Business Resource Guide
- CARES Act Small Business Frequently Asked Questions
- Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet
Lt. Governor Dan McKee has established a Small Business Support Center and is holding regular conference calls with small businesses to hear concerns and answer questions. Find more information here.
Read more about the Small Business Association's Paycheck Protection Program:
Affected small businesses can contact Rhode Island's Small Business hot line:
Connect Greater Newport has resources and information for small businesses on it's website.