Town of Warren, RI – Probationary Patrol Officer
The Warren Police Department is seeking qualified applicants to establish an eligibility list for the position of Probationary Patrol Officer. The department consists of twenty- five (25) sworn officers, five (5) civilian dispatchers and a part time civilian administrative assistant.
Applications and minimum eligibility qualifications are available on the Town of Warren’s website, https://www.townofwarren-ri.gov/residents/employment_proposals or at the
Warren Police Department website, http://warrenripolice.com/employment.
The applications can be completed and printed from the websites or a printed copy can be picked up at police headquarters, 1 Joyce Street Warren, RI.
Applications must be submitted with a $30.00 non-refundable processing fee. Completed applications must be received at the Town Clerk’s office no later than October 16th, 2020 by 4:00pm
Due to COVID-19 precautions and the town hall’s limited operational hours, the applications can be delivered to the Town Clerk’s office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. The applications can also be dropped off at the north side town hall entrance lobby
(ground level). Please, insert the application into the large grey drop box.
Minimum Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the application.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s (driver’s) license.
- Must have a minimum of sixty (60) college credit hours at an accredited College or University by the application deadline. In lieu of college credits, candidates may substitute two (2) years of honorable U.S. Military service (to include National Guard & Reserve – DD214 form is required), or satisfactory or valid Rhode Island certification as a municipal police officer or any other standardized law enforcement certificate held in good standing.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Must successfully pass a written examination, physical agility test
(including a swimming test), psychological test & medical screening.
The Town of Warren, RI is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.
Warren Police Department Patrol Officer Application