- One (1) member of the Pokanoket Tribe / Pokanoket Nation
- One (1) member of the Warren Conservation Commission
- One (1) member of the Warren Harbor Commission
- One (1) member of the Warren Land Conservation Trust
- One (1) member of the Warren Parks & Recreation Board
- One (1) member of the active farming community
- One (1) member of the Massasoit Historical Association
- Two (2) at large members of the public
- One (1) member of the Town Council (ex-officio)
Examine the history and culture of the Pokanoket Tribe in the formation of the Town of Warren and to create an historically accurate narrative of that history
Evaluate how that history is currently portrayed within the Town of Warren
Recommend to the Town Council necessary changes to ensure that an accurate history is reflected in the depictions, monuments and policies of the Town of Warren
Recommend ways that visitors to the Town of Warren can be invited to learn about the unique origins of the Town connected to its historic American Indian inhabitants
Town of Warren Committee Vacancies
Arts & Culture Commission - 1 Position
Tax Board Assessment Review - 2 Positions
Voluntary Historic District Committee Board of Appeals - 1 Position
The Warren Town Council is seeking applications for the above positions. Applications may be obtained in the Town Clerk’s Office or by clicking the link above. Applications must be filed in the Town Clerk’s Office, 514 Main Street, Warren, RI, no later than Friday, October 2, 2020 at 4PM.
Interviews will be held at the Town Council Meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers.
Julie A Coelho,
CMC Town Clerk
If you are interested in applying for a Town Board or Commission, please visit our Boards & Commission Database. Please keep in mind that you will be interviewed by Town Council for this position and that Council often has to choose among many qualified candidates.