514 Main Street
Warren, RI 02885
Clerk: Bridget Garrity
If you’d like to make a payment and the office is closed you may place the payment in the drop box located outside the Municipal Court Office.
If you need DMV clearance, please contact the clerk at 401-289-0630 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a payment or other arrangements.
Associate Municipal Court Judge: Brett V. Beaubien, Esq.
Our court sessions will NOW be on the following dates:
All sessions will start promptly at 6pm. Please enter the building at our Main Street entrance and you must wear a mask. Should you require the elevator, please contact the clerk BEFORE YOUR COURT DATE so arrangements can be made.
All motorists scheduled for a previous court session have been notified at the address provided on their summons. PLEASE NOTE THE COURT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFICATIONS SENT TO AN INCORRECT ADDRESS.
Payments can be made online at www.curiasystems.com/payments or left in the drop box in the rear stairwell or on the wall outside the Municipal Court Clerk’s office on the 2nd Floor.
PLEASE NOTE, THE TOWN CLERK IS NO LONGER ABLE TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS FOR THE MUNICIPAL COURT.
The clerk will be in the office several days a week to process all payments. If you need immediate assistance please email the clerk at email@example.com, or by calling 401-289-0630 and leaving a message with your name, summons number (or parking tag number), a phone number that is able to accept a “Private Caller” or “No Caller ID” phone calls, and a good time to return your call.
Court Rules & Courtroom Decorum:
As such may be applicable to the Court's proceedings, the Rhode Island Court Rules including but not limited to, the Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal Rules of Procedure govern the Warren Municipal Court.
- All persons attending a session of Warren Municipal Court are asked to adhere to the following:
- Court begins on time; please sign in and take a seat by 6:00 PM
- Please present yourself in appropriate attire in keeping with the dignity of the Court
- No electronic devices, such as cell phones, may be used in the courtroom unless such are essential and Court personnel have been advised of and consented to such use.
- Court ordered payments are due immediately upon conclusion of the related case
- Should a motorist/offender, request a trial and the motorist/offender does not appear, and the officer does appear, a penalty of $275.00 will be assessed to the judgement. This fee is to cover the cost of the officer appearing in court.
- Should THE MOTORIST/OFFENDER NOT APPEAR AND THE OFFICER DOES, the motorist/offender will be found guilty in absentia, and will be responsible for the cost of the summons, the court cost and the additional fee for the officer.
- Should the motorist/offender APPEAR in court and the trial proceeds with the officer present, then the additional penalty shall not be assessed.
Additional Helpful Information & Forms
- Completed Motion to Vacate, Parking Ticket Appeal & Request to Change Court Date forms may be submitted to the Municipal Court Clerk either through the mail or email.
There is a section near the bottom of the traffic ticket that states: hearing location. Some traffic tickets are adjudicated by the Warren Municipal Court, while others are adjudicated by the Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal in Cranston, Rhode Island. If the court location states Warren Municipal Court, the ticket can be paid any time prior to the court date listed on the ticket. You can pay the ticket in person by appointment, by dropping payment in our lock box located in the stairwell of Town Hall (by the parking lot off Joyce St), by mail, by credit card online at online or you can call our office at 401-289-0630. The link will redirect you to the town's vendor for payment. Charges will appear from the vendor, Curia Systems.
- Each summons is subject to a thirty-five dollar ($35.00) court fee.
- You may be able to pay by mail; read your summons and follow it's directions.
- If you received a "Notice of Action" or your license is suspended, contact the Court to make the necessary cash only payment to receive the required documentation to present at the Cranston office of the RI Division of Motor Vehicles: Adjudication Office.
- If a regularly scheduled Court session is cancelled, appropriate notices will be posted to this web site, at the entrances to the Town Hall and announced through the news media. If you were scheduled to appear at a cancelled Court session, you will receive a mailed notice with a new appearance schedule. Please contact the Court Clerk if you do not receive the mailed notice.
- Municipal Court does not have jurisdiction over Probate Court cases. Please visit the Probate Court page or contact the Probate Court at 401-245-7340 Ext. 4 for more information.
Sources of Statutory Authority:
- R.I. Gen. Laws §45-2-47 Town of Warren- Municipal Court
- R.I. Gen. Laws § 8-18-1 et seq. State and Municipal Court Compact
- Warren Town Code § 6.5-21 et seq.- Municipal Court
Entry of Appearance: If you are entering an appearance on behalf of your client, please utilize the form below. Forms should be submitted prior to your client's arraignment to ensure proper entry into our Court software system.
Completed Entry of Appearance forms may be submitted by:
Fax: 401-245-7421 Attn: Municipal Court
Helpful Links and Resources
THE WARREN BRANCH OF THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
PLEASE SEE THE DMV WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
R.I. Gen. Laws§ 31-41.1-7 Application for dismissal based on good driving record
**If an out-of-state driver wishes to apply for the benefits of the statute, the driver must provide the court with an original driving record document from the licensing state’s DMV/RMV. Note that third party, insurance company or police generated documents cannot be accepted.