514 Main Street
Warren, RI 02885
Clerk Haley Tucker
Municipal Court Hours
Wednesday: 12:30PM-4:30 PM (1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month)
4:00PM-8:00PM (2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month)
Friday : 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Municipal Court Sessions:
Municipal Court Judge: John Rego
Court Rules & Courtroom Decorum:
As such may be applicable to the Court's proceedings, the Rhode Island Court Rules including but not limited to, the Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal Rules of Procedure govern the Warren Municipal Court.
- All persons attending a session of Warren Municipal Court are asked to adhere to the following:
- Court begins on time; please sign in and take a seat by 6:00 PM
- Please present yourself in appropriate attire in keeping with the dignity of the Court
- No electronic devices, such as cell phones, may be used in the courtroom unless such are essential and Court personnel have been advised of and consented to such use.
- Court ordered payments are due immediately upon conclusion of the related case.
Additional Helpful Information
- Payments must be made in the form of cash, check or money order; the Court does not accept credit cards, debit cards or any form of electronic payment.
- Each summons is subject to a thirty-five dollar ($35.00) court fee.
- You may be able to pay by mail; read your summons and follow it's directions.
- If you received a "Notice of Action" or your license is suspended, contact the Court to make the necessary cash only payment to receive the required documentation to present at the Cranston office of the RI Division of Motor Vehicles: Adjudication Office.
- If a regularly scheduled Court session is cancelled, appropriate notices will be posted to this web site, at the entrances to the Town Hall and announced through the news media. If you were scheduled to appear at a cancelled Court session, you will receive a mailed notice with a new appearance schedule. Please contact the Court Clerk if you do not receive the mailed notice.
- Municipal Court does not have jurisdiction over Probate Court cases. Please visit the Probate Court page or contact the Probate Court at 401-245-7340 Ext. 4 for more information.
Sources of Statutory Authority:
- R.I. Gen. Laws §45-2-47 Town of Warren- Municipal Court
- R.I. Gen. Laws § 8-18-1 et seq. State and Municipal Court Compact
- Warren Town Code § 6.5-21 et seq.- Municipal Court
Entry of Appearance: If you are entering an appearance on behalf of your client, please utilize the form below. Forms should be submitted prior to your client's arraignment to ensure proper entry into our Court software system.
Completed Entry of Appearance forms may be submitted by:
Fax: 401-245-7421 Attn: Municipal Court
Helpful Links and Resources
**If an out-of-state driver wishes to apply for the benefits of the statute, the driver must provide the court with an original driving record document from the licensing state’s DMV/RMV. Note that third party, insurance company or police generated documents cannot be accepted.